Sunday, February 08, 2004

Sunday Breakfast

On request I'm writing down recipes I experiment with. I was told that I should quit my job and open up a breakfast place. This was this Sunday's breakfast.

*Lemon pancakes
*Sour Cream/Applesauce
*Turkey Sausage Patties


Lemon Pancakes
I fiddled around with a number of different versions until I got this one the way I liked it. The pancakes have a rich but chewy texture. It's best served with powdered sugar and lemon.
-1 1lb, container of lowfat cottage cheese
-2 large eggs
-1/2 c. milk
-zest of 1 lemon
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 c. flour
-3 tbsp. sugar
-1/2 tsp. salt
-unsalted butter

Blend the cheese eggs and milk in a blender until the mixture is smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the dry ingredients. In a buttered frying pan on medium high heat pour the batter in dollar-sized amounts. Watch the pancakes to prevent scorching. Turn each pancake over after about 2-3 minutes. Cook on the other sides for the same amount of time. These take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes and the cooking time can vary with your range. Do make sure that the pan is adequately greased with a little butter. Keep pancakes warm until ready to serve in a 170 degree oven on an oven safe plate. Serve with powdered sugar/lemon juice glaze and applesauce and sour cream on the side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home