Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Have a piece of the pie... or is your plate already full?

Not I finally got a piece of the pie (from the Jefferson's theme song). Periodically at work I am asked to make a pie chart that summarizes how I use my time during the day. Though it's minimal... I wonder how much time I spend on this blog.

We've decided that I will be responsible for the calendaring of more procedures and events. I have a feeling that I will be asked to present another piechart in my 1 on 1 with my supervisor. I am working on a sort of parody of this pie chart activity. I'm a little scarred by my last experience. I often think that this sort of tracking of one's time can take up more time that could be used for other constructive activities.


Create your own pie-chart.

Imogene's Not So Humble Pie (My 'Fudge This' Pecan Pie Recipe.. Sticky Sweet)

9" pie shell, unbaked (ill provide the piecrust recipe later)
1 1/2 c. pecan halves, roasted in a pan
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. Dark Karo syrup
2/3 c. Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. Nestles table cream
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tbsp vanilla or bourbon, or reserve a shot of bourbon for yourself
3 large eggs
8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chilps



Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat sugar, butter, honey corn syrup, cream, salt, vanilla (bourbon) and eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk or hand beater until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips & pecans and pour filling into pastry-lined pie plate.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set and pie crust is golden brown. Cool on wire rack before slicing. Serve with whipped cream or French vanilla ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home