Friday, March 12, 2004

I'm starting to see things

I sat in a class/ meeting this morning, and the instructor/leader put up a diagram up on the board that looked very much like a panty-liner with wings.

The people around me who were taking the class were nervously checking their email on their wireless accounts as the class was running. The woman sitting next to me asked someone if they thought that the class would get out early. I could sense her reluctance as she closed the lid of her laptop. Why? I know you need to make good use of your time, but I think that it's very difficult to learn while you're typing email. Ahhhhhhh.... doesn't anyone else get this? It seems like common sense to me. And I look at these people who've become so neurotically adept at multitasking and I think, I don't want to be like them: nervous slaves.

Our business group gave a 'celebration' today. A reward for all the hard work on the last major project. I didn't go to the ice cream social because the balloons, the banners, and the ice cream made me feel like I was a six year old going to someone's birthday party and because I'm lactose intolerant. I had my own celebration at a nearby Japanese restaurant: futomaki (large sushi roll), tekka-maki (tuna roll), and a Sapporo beer. Technically, I could get fired for drinking then going back to work, but you know it's one little beer. Well, a Sapporo usually comes in a can that's almost twice as large as your normal beer, but, hey, I did eat some carbs to balance every thing. Besides I'm not operating machinery and I ended up being extremely productive for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home