Monday, March 15, 2004

Maduros

Forgot to add these from Saturday's dinner menu. I first tried a plate of maduros at my favorite Cuban restaurant in New York, Cafe Con Leche. I enjoy these sweet ripened plantains much more than the tostones (unripened fried plantains) because I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Even though they are sweet they still tasted amazing with the light garlic sauce served at Cafe Con Leche. Ayyye- now, I'm fantasizing about their Chicharron de Pollo! They are still located in the West Side on Amsterdam Ave. Believe me. I made a stop on my last visit to the City in December.

Slice your ripened plantains thickly and fry in a pan with unsalted butter. Season with cinnamon and salt if desired.

Why am I torturing myself? I didn't have time to fix my lunch, so I will have to scrounge for something in our cafeteria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home