Wednesday, April 14, 2004

20 Questions?

I needed a quick diversion, I've been working on heavy scheduling and logistics this morning... yawn. I hate this shit, though I've fairly good at it when I put my mind to it, I just don't feel like a deeper part of me is being challenged.


http://y.20q.net:8095/btest

I love playing - and I've stumped the computer a number of times.

I was thinking of the Blarney Stone (in Ireland) don't ask me why, as St. Patrick's day is long over. Though god bless any ethnic group who has a holiday that encourages liberal drinking. Maybe it's because I've been craving these little cakes I used to get from my Granny (I'll talk about her later). They were delicate little white cakes covered with a sort of fondant icing and rolled in chopped peanuts and breadcrumbs. I remember hoarding these cakes like they were gold.

Blarney Stones
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Frosting:
1 cup butter
2 to 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
crushed salted peanuts
Separate eggs ; Beat yolks with rotary beater until thick and lemon colored. Add sugar gradually beating continuously. Add dry ingredients, sifted together, alternately with boiling water. Add vanilla and beat well. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees in shallow sheet cake pan. When almost cool, ice with frosting. Cut in squares.
Frosting:
Cream butter; gradually blend in sugar. Cream until soft and smooth. After spreading frosting on Blarney Stones, sprinkle crushed peanuts over frosting.
Yield 3 dozen squares.

From:
http://southernfood.about.com/library/prntnews/nn118.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home