Thursday, April 08, 2004

Ignore this post if you don't want to hear about administrative b.s.

I hate this time of year... it seems that forecasting classes... quite an antiquated way of setting up course schedules via detail encumbered excel spreadsheets coincided with tax season. I feel awful that I'm bitching about having to fill out a spreadsheet instead of using a web-based form using php or sql. After all, recording and tabulating information via spreadsheets was state of the art 10 years ago. Is it unreasonable to complain about using backwards technologies, when I work for a company that so proudly claims that it's 100% e-business.

The group whom we process the spreadsheets/schedules claims that they don't receive the funding to create a better automated system which will 1.) encompass the large bureaucracy they've built around their infrastructure 2.) Provide an efficient scheduling situation for all the parties they work with. I suppose I can be a little more sympathetic when I take this into consideration.

I should really just bite it because I work for a mongo company... and when you work for such a humongoloid organization, you should expect some amount of bureaucracy and inefficiency. That's one law of the corporate jungle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home