Tuesday, June 08, 2004

The American Family

On the drive in to work today I was thinking of all the television families that impacted my life up until this point. I will list them here in order of those whom I could least relate to (sort of my black sheep spectrum if you will... the further up on the list, the more I'd feel like a total outcast):


1. The Cleavers (Leave it to Beaver)
2. The Seavers (Growing Pains)
3. The Keatons (Family Ties)
4. The Osmonds (Wait, wait I forgot about them... can I move them up to number #1?) Any singing family group goes up on that rank including the Von Trappe Family Singers.
5. The Bundys (Married with Children)
6. The Partridge Family (they are the exception to the singing family rule... mainly because of Danny Bonaducci... sort of skanky child actor who rebounds sort of adds points to their status. Not to mention they had to ride in that f'ed up bus with the Mondrian pattern on it)
7. The Jeffersons (I can identify with any family with a 'loud mouth')
8. The Evans Family (Good Times)
9. The Ropers (Three's Company)
10. Sandford and Son
11. The Addams Family - are at the top because everyone in the family was able to be a freak and be comfortable about it. And you have to admit that there must have been some valid reasons why this show/cartoon was so popular despite the mayonaise lovin' era it was spawned in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home