Saturday, July 10, 2004

Curcuvito and Pepo, the Zucchini Brothers Proudly Presents...

I need to find as many things that I can do with zucchinis because I swear I just pulled one out of my garden that's the size of a small watermelon (a little background and history on the vegetable).

How to get rid of zucchini:
Here are a few things I'm considering doing:

1.)Grill it, fry it, stuff it!

2.)You can shred it and freeze it in freezer baggies in 2 cup portions. Then use it in the winter time.

3.)Play hide the zucchini. Adding shredded zucchini (1-2 cups) to your chocolate cake and meatloaf gets them hot, moist and juicy. Boy, would I love to write a spoof on 50's wifely household tips on that. Other places to hide the zucchini, include: Taco's (the meat, silly), spaghetti sauce, breads, and sausage.

4.)You can make a pear and zucchini bread

5.)or pineapple zucchini muffins.

6.)You can make blondies instead of brownies.

7.)How about a Pretty relish or on the other hand just simply zucchini pickles? I'm a big fan of chutney myself.

8.)Hey, Paisan! How about some zucchini gnocchi or fried zucchini flowers? Besides what a better way to get rid of the things than nip them in the bud. Sort of a zucchini abortion.

9.)Try a simple Egyptian dish called Tabilch. Please note there's music on this site.

10.) Give it away to a homeless shelter.

11.) Make a salad for your cat.

12.) Stay regular! According to this site a cure for constipation: Freshly made raw cabbage juice is even better. Juiced zucchini works equally well. One or two 8-ounce glasses will probably be enough.

13.) Some tasty pineapple flavored zucchini:

Start with four quarts of zucchini, peeled, seeded and diced into one-inch cubes. Add 1 1/2 cup lemon juice, one 46 oz. can of pineapple juice (unsweetened) and three cups of sugar. Combine all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool and put in jars. Yields three to four quarts or six to eight pints, it takes about three weeks for the zucchini to be fully pineapple-flavored.


What the f---! This person suggests: Look for cars with unlocked doors and deposit a few inside, along with a good recipe. As someone who has two million of them budding in her back yard, I would personally track down the person who left them in my car and throw them at their windshield (or at least fantasize about doing it). Near the end of my search here I must have seen at least seven or eight different websites spouting 'homespun' wisdom that encourage people to leave zucchini on people's porches, frontsteps or their yards. What is this?! Do they really want to encourage trespassing on people's private property... not to mention their neighbors or good country folk may keep firearms in their possession.

Some fellow here is insisting on using zucchini to promote democracy to sell his political viewpoint to innocent passers by who may be interested in getting freebies from his garden. While I find his viewpoint agreeable, I prefer to have my produce untainted by politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home