Saturday, October 16, 2004

Is it unpatriotic of me to like Madelines?

After all they are French. I had to break out my new silicone madeline pan today (it's been in my cabinet of baking supplies untouched in the wrapper for over a year now), and I forgot to buy a lemon at the store. So I took the epicurious recipe and used Almond extract instead. Instead of regular granulated sugar, I used the super-fine bakers sugar and the result was the lightest and fluffiest madeline I've had to date.

2 large eggs
3/4 c. super-fine bakers sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1 c flour
10 tbsp unsalted butter, melted but cooled
Powdered sugar

With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the eggs and the sugar until well combined and slightly frothy. Add the almond extract and flour beat shortly until combined. With the mixer running drizzle the melted butter into the batter and until combined. Butter and flour the madeline mold. Fill each mold with about 1 tbsp of the batter. Bake at 375 for 18 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and lightly brown.

Cool and dust with powdered sugar. (Made about 28)

Geez, can you believe what a dumbass Sean Penn is? He actually responded publicly in a Memo to Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home