Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Screw Spin. I’ve had so much I just want to puke

The company customarily sends out propaganda of where were at and lately they've been focusing mainly on the positive spin on the culture and values rather than some of the errors in judgement made on major business ventures that have failed.

I’ve been thinking lately of my own less than pleasant experiences in this place and it led me to believe that there are some very medieval ways of running a business that we simply just take as gospel. Still, I’m convinced that there are better ways of doing things, for now I have the following counter-ideas to muse over and take apart.

How NOT to grow your business or organization

1.) Treat your employees like helpless children
2.) Focus only on the bottom-line
3.) Stay on the tried and true path
4.) Hire people who are just like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home