Thursday, December 30, 2004

I've said it before...I feel like a gay person who's masquerading as a straight one... out here this world (the corporation).

Once in a while I stammer like Jimmy Stewart in a staff meeting because I can't muster up the slick talk with ease or I make a reference to Proust that no one gets, and I give myself away. I found out recently that the guy who wrote the Seven Habits of Highly Anal Retentive Repressed People is Mormon (not a big surprise). Why don't we happy happy ourselves to success? "Be proactive. Understand to be Understood. Think Win-Win." There's something sickly sweet about denial. People live off of it like oxygen as the cancer of acquiescing their will eats their individuality away. I want to put this all into a book, because I feel as if we're slipping back to the days of Eisenhower and shitty paper roses fragranced with grandma's cologne. People drank a lot more back then didn't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home