Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Pumpkin Pie

You know I discovered my comment thingy on this blog isn't working. I'm too tired right now to even come up with the correct terminology for anything technical. I was working until 10 O'Clock yesterday trying to complete the documentation for an on-line training. The next four days will be a marathon of project work and HTML/flash development.

I was going to comment on Mak's metaphor about being the dumper or the dumpee (when it comes to working in a corporate job). Well, if you want to draw the metaphor out more... many Americans working in corporate America today must feel like the middle-aged wife whose husband is leaving her for the young and unimpressionable girl (workforce in developing countries). I see the makings of a political cartoon here, maybe a little trite, but it's true. Maybe we should get a clue and sue for a decent severance package.

On a happier note, I baked a pumpkin pie on Sunday. Easy as pie. The secret to this pie's success is the apple butter.

3 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. apple butter
3 eggs
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla

Pastry for 1 deep dish pie

Beat the eggs and then combine all the above ingredients. Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home