Thursday, March 03, 2005

Homemade Lava Lamp

I thought this was an interesting idea. Again, I wouldn't do it myself, but mainly because I'm just not a lava lamp kind of gal. Too Greg Brady for me. I think when that episode where he got his own pad aired it just whacked the nail into the coffin for that look and style.

http://www.psychicgoldfish.com/sub_page/whatido/lavalamp.htm

What kind of gal am I? I took a quiz today and found out and unfortunately the answer rings somewhat true. Everything except the coffeeshopthing. I usually get crowded out of a seat by all the other posers who are hanging out in there. Personally, I'd rather be reborn as Karen Blixen before her husband gave her syphillis. I think I've grown past the moping days of listening to the Smiths and lamenting about how unique I am. I know that in many ways I'm not. I'm just a product of this consumer culture jungle we all live in. "I get myself," and that's all that really matters.

Bars and whiskey (good whiskey), that's more my speed. Though since I'm no longer a smoker I find myself hanging in the more yuppie type bars lately. If I can't deal with the fuckers in there, I just drink at home. You think that they would have more hipster (non-smoking) bars around here. But I think that it's easier to get the Irish and the Italians to quit smoking in bars than to pry a cigarette out of the hand of a future PDX log lady.
You can always tell the caliber of the wierdoes you have in a town by the kinds of smegheads* you find on the local public access T.V. stations.

I hate it when people tell me, "You know when you're drinking, your consuming empty calories."
"Empty calories my ass! This stuff's doing its job."**



You're the Tortured Intellectual!
You're the Tortured Intellectual!
Take What sort of Hipster are you? today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

You're sensitive, you're emotional, and you wonder why everyone else in the world exists on a different plane. You cannot eat, breathe, or sleep without analyzing each action to death. You're usually sombre, depressed, lethargic, but you can be nearly glad from time to time. You wear whatever you can find on your cluttered bedroom floor. You carry books, notepads, reading glasses with you wherever you go. You have friends, but only a few who truly get where you're coming from. You frequent coffee shops, libraries, and the less crowded bars. You're obsessed with past people, past ideas, past lives. You wish you could die and be reborn as Jack Kerouac.


Gawhd, that picture is AWWWFUL. That guy's just trying too hard to look like he's reading that book. It may be my perspective, but his arms look terribly short and stubby. Maybe he's not a full-sized adult. The book looks like it's actually blank. The girl? She looks like she's been misplaced from a Lubriderm ad.

* Nothing says dork more than ordering a boxed set of Red Dwarf on Amoozom.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home