Saturday, April 16, 2005

Oatcakes with Cherry Preserves

This morning I found some leftover steelcut oatmeal in a pot in the fridge. Eyeballing it, I'd say.. it was about 1 1/2 cups of cooked oatmeal. I added some whole wheat flour (about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons), 1 pinch of salt, 1 egg, 2/3 c. milk, 1 tsp butter & 2 tbsp shortening melted, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp of sugar, and a dash of cinnamon.

The result was a very tasty set of oatcakes to feed two that tasted quite good with sour cherry preserves and lowfat ricotta. So my dearest ate them up to his delight. He's so sweet, he'd eat even the botched up things I make and still kiss me on the top of my head for cooking for him. And he returns the favor by making some of the most wonderful things like the chicken breasts with spicy chutney or porkchops with a mango & cilantro curry sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home