Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Bearer of Olive Branches

So I have to fill out this informational questionnaire for the job I'm applying for, I've got it all done except for one question... Can you give an example of a time when you had to act as mediator to get two people to agree on something?

Uh... I prevented my mom from throwing a vase at my dad once when she was pissed at him. Does that count?

I've prevented or ameilorated countless conflicts between people, but usually I was one of those people. I'm hard pressed to come up with an example that I think is appropriate for this survey. I think I've done a job with the rest of the questions, and the answers to those just flowed out without a problem.

My policy usually when there's a conflict between two people is to let them duke it out or separate try to pull one of them away (usually the person I'm more famliar with) if it's severely uncomfortable or looks threatening. Let them cool off and come back and meet each other on calmer terms. I'm not a buttinsky, no sir. Maybe I'm not right for this job. I just can't think of any examples that are work related and aren't unprofessional, inappropriate or embarrassing to talk about.

Addendum:
I just sent out that questionnaire... here's mud in my eye!
By the way... Coffee Rocket cracks me up: http://coffeerocket.blogspot.com. I loved the Gerber Spill story... was rolling on rug in my office for a while there.... now I need to get back to work. Godsteeth it's allready 10:22 in the P.M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home