Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Giving feedback to a problem manager

Have you ever had to submit review information about a 'problem' manager? Tongue tied? Or are you afraid to express your true sentiments and risk getting written up or fired for an HR violation.

You might want to do a little role playing and walk in your manager's shoes and analyze what he or she is doing wrong. One way I've quantified my problems with my manager is to fill out an evaluative survey online as if I was that person. Of course, you should try to be as fair as possible in assessing how your manager would actually react and respond to the questions... if they were honest about their behavior.

http://www.coachingandmentoring.com/Quiz/coaching.html

Maybe this isn't the right approach, but it actually opened my eyes a bit when it came to understanding why my manager did the things she did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home